Monday, July 16, 2007

Dueling Guitar Heroes

My brother was talking about "Dueling Banjos" on Guitar Hero over the weekend, and I asked him what he was talking about, and he's all "it came on after the clip from Deliverance that you posted on 'This is Pretty Awesome', idiot". This is what my brother looks like, by the way -


So I got all investigatory up in the piece. The first thing I did was watch said "Dueling Banjos" clip on You Tube -



I noticed that it was listed as a "custom song", so I read a little about that phenomenon here. I'm not sure what that all means, but it appears to be pretty awesome. People who know how to do stuff with computers and stuff are able to put any song they like on Guitar Hero, and all it takes is a bunch of steps.

This is from Destructoid.com, whatever the hell that is -

"While the original poster in the "How-To" thread claims the process is idiot-proof, I beg to differ. It requires eight separate freeware program downloads, involves a 12-step process that makes my head hurt just looking at it. You'll also need a PlayStation 2 modified to play 'backups'."

No comments: