Friday, October 5, 2012

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

I am fascinated by comedy and comedians. Not the unfunny ones like that guy with the puppets. I don't understand the appeal and I don't think I've laughed out loud even once at one of his jokes. I suppose there are different types of comedy that appeal to different types of people. Anyway, I am constantly trying to find the humor in things and I find little more fulfilling than making others laugh. I don't know why. It's just a part of me. I'm sure there are psychologists who have studied the phenomenon and have all kinds of theories. But I'm kind of lazy (like a lot of comedians) and don't particularly enjoy or have the patience for scientific research. Comedians are by nature kind of a depressed bunch, and I'm not surprised by it, but I do find it touching just how broken down a man Michael Richards is. You might know him as TV's Kramer. I was curious to know if he and Jerry Seinfeld would discuss "what happened" on Jerry's new online show "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee." It's the most introspective and dark episode so far and I'm going to call it the "Louie" of interview shows. The episode with Michael Richards is well worth a watch and it's only about 15 minutes long.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

1 comment:

SOH said...

I watched the first episode with Michael Richards. I thought it was interesting how he said that if he hangs around Jerry he will morph back into the Kramer character.